Monday, July 2, 2007

HOPE

The hands of the clock is slowly ticking away,
Furtive eyes trying to defeat the dominion of horizons sway,
Looking for you they've not blinked since you left,
Hoping to find you they haven't slept,
Every knock, every tap, every sound seem yours,
That you will return, I don't know for sure,
Everything you've taken with you,
Made all the precious moments we had, meaningless,
I'll still cherish them nonetheless,
Think of you I'll, nonetheless.
You asked me why do I care,
You were the air I breathed,
The food for my soul.
Life without you I had not dreamt of,
Life's vagaries I had not thought of.
As I fight the night drowsing myself in wine,
Trying to relive the illusion that you were mine,
I might learn to live without you one day,
But your place in my life will always stay,
I'll still sit by the door waiting everyday,
Hoping you might come back one day..

No comments: